Saturday 26 January 2013

My grandmother saw Netaji in Rishikesh

My grandmother saw Netaji in Rishikesh
Dear Editor,
My grandfather Peshori Lal was posted at Teen Murti Bhawan in the Malaria Cell of the New Delhi Municipal Committee. After his retirement he went to Rishikesh to spend the rest of his life as a mendicant.
He had a small cottage to himself and he lived there under the assumed name of Moni Baba Prashar.

I remember that during my visit to his ashram, my grandmother mentioned having met a man who looked just like Netaji Subhas Bose. Since she was unsure of the man, she quizzed inmates of the nearby ashram who had interacted with him. They all confirmed that he was indeed Netaji.
This man, she said, was in a saintly garb and was spending his life somewhere in the high mountains along with his followers.

Mr Satinder Pal Singh
92-B, Arjun Nagar,
Safdarjung Enclave,
New Delhi - 110029.
Ph - 6187939

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample text

Total Pageviews


Links

Comments

Sponsors

Notice

Text

Powered by Blogger.

Followers